Wednesday 15 February 2012

Murphy's Law ??!!

Most times when I used to be one of the early-to-class-shareef-bacchis, I always wondered about how people can walk themselves into a class that started an hour ago. For most parts of my life, I have been like that, until recently of course. There are times when I have reached a class in time when it reaches its closing as well :-D Yes, that besharam I have gotten !

No matter how early I wake up and try hard to reach a particular place on time, something or the other goes wrong and I end up being late. In fact the earlier the target to reach, the late-er I get :-D. For more than a week, I have have been literally falling out of bed to reach on time, and each day I would have boarded a bus with normal sign boards but taking sudden unexpectedly horrifying and lengthy routes and therefore delaying the want to reach early desire :-/. So today I geared up the courage to ask the bike to my father (after the damages I have done to the bike, I have gained little sharam in asking for it again :-P ), of course he handed me the keys without saying much. Ahh! the feeling of riding the bike, its the only thing in the world which I have control on, I can equal its speed to my mind's swiftness and in some strange way it calms me :-P.

There I was humming "I feel good....!" in my head and headed towards the class that I was already running late to. Suddenly this evil thought runs in my head "what if the bike stops somewhere on the way?" I jerked off the bad thoughts and told myself  "shub shub socho". What do you know, it did stop and three people tried kicking it to start but in vain. The situation reminded me of an old poem's lines that I found strikingly interesting from the day I first read them :

Let not thy divining heart
Forethink me any ill ;
Destiny may take thy part,
And may thy fears fulfil.

 Thanks to the whole situation I ended up going late to class by an hour precisely, my teacher and I shared a chuckle and I seriously walked in and sat quietly for the following hour. But wait, the story doesn't end there. I decided to follow Fast track's tag line "move on" and started out towards the next place I had to reach. I took an auto to reach early, forgetting the fact that these attempts are but futile with respect to me :-) and ting ting ti ding, I reached late by an entire forty five minutes of time :-P !! Shalini tussi great ho ! why great means, remember unlucky Brahmanandam in one of the movies?  I felt exactly like that :-D

No comments: