Sunday 19 February 2012

Four Legged Freaks :-)

While I was talking to CBag today, I came up with a supplement to an existing "maybe it is so" theory in my head. The other day I got to escape from work a little early than usual. NW and I made a stop at a regular chai-dukaan. I buy chai when I enter the gates and just before leaving the gates. That is my regular. So, in honour of my useless routine we approached the shop. That is where it all started !

So the theory was about dogs and infants. Yes, my theories of  "relativity" on the evolution of behaviourisms run through far and fewer animals in between :-P. As we were buying our chai-biskoot, one of the stray dogs there came after us. No not to bite us baap. But it did the doggy ishtyle cute stuff - wagging its tail, running around us restlessly, the pay-attention-to-me-don't-I-seem-like-I-need-your-petting look. We tried to shoo it away, but it persisted with the look

NW assumed it that it might be hungry. So, the sweet thing that NW is, she bought a few biscuits to feed it. She tried feeding it. It took it in its mouth and then quietly placed it on the floor. Then it continued with its paapum look again! We both tried talking to it, eat the biscuit doggie, look look biscuit doggie, etc etc. It finally sniffed at it in the floor and then ate it up. We had to do the same cycle for the remaining biscuits. Put it in its mouth-the dog puts it on the floor-looks at us expectantly again-we tell it to eat-the dog eats it off of the floor-then back to putting biscuits in its mouth ! uffffff........!

How does this have anything to do with infants ? Is that what you are asking ? Well, while this whole episode was happening, I suddenly remembered what my dear chuhiya friend told me a few days ago. She said that no matter what plate you put food on, kids will throw it on the floor and then eat it off of the floor. Never do they eat food shareefly from the plate itself! God only knows why that even occurred to me ! Maybe my mind is working like google now a days. Tightly to remotely related stuff are getting gathered up in a few pages of my mind ! Anyways, lets reel back from the diversion, the infant is where I was. So I wondered if its the same with dogs too, eating off the floor I mean. :-D After a brief thought I let go of it, rubbished the thought and headed towards home.

CBag was talking about the exact same thing today. About how dogs don't eat when you hand them the food, they would rather eat/lick stuff from the floor! Some coincidence this, thats what I felt. Right then the supplement that hit me was, you know it could be true, if you think of it. Dogs eat from the floor, infants do so too. Dogs have four legs, infants have four legs(considering the fact that they can't stand upright themselves, so that makes them four legged things). Then I thought OMG, these are the four legged freaks, no wonder they behave alike ! :-P CBag laughed of course, I tried laughing but went off into the comic cloud hovering above my head to think about it for a few seconds. Then I left it at that.

Yes yes, besharam thoughts have no boundaries, they move away while to try to reach the end, they are like the horizon ! Works just fine for me therefore ....ahahahaah ! :-D

2 comments:

SSK said...

I do feel dogs have a lot in common (behaviourally) with small kids and infants. Seen it myself with my own dog, so.

Shalini Mahadev said...

:-D