Thursday 16 February 2012

Holidays !

The other day when I was sulking about the bike, as I was walking along a long road I indulged in a monologue about "why me ?". It suddenly reminded me of this cartoon strip that has gone viral on FB. It basically reminds you of the fact that while god is on his duty to protect you, there are some stones that even He might miss. Sounds very biblical I'm sure. Every time I read something spiritual or something about god through some or the other source I have noticed that the saying returns to me in a few days as a situational event.

Its not only about reading, my evil brain comes up with some sort of strange intuitions too. Like I might stare at a completely disconnected person and think "sometime I might get to know him/her very well" and it does turn out to be true. This one time I had a very rigid feeling that a particular question will definitely be asked in an entrance exam (mind you, the syllabus for this test might as well be called "everything under the sun") and it did !! Or I might talk about a person for some reason and then think "naaah.....I don't think I'll ever see them" and tadaaaa, I see them the very next day or even worse ON the same day !!!!!!!!

But sometimes I think of good and positive things too. For example, I might  feel lazy and not start an experiment thinking it might not work today and then some or the other technical problem would have arisen later during the day proving the thought that "good only I didn't start my experiment". Most recent example would be of this desire to somehow get a few days off from work so that I can pay heed to my laziness more than usual. Voila ! I have four holidays straight starting from tomorrow ! Hip Hip Hurray ! :-D

No No No ..... I'm not suggesting that I'm psychic or anything, I'm far from all that ! Wanted to share the fact that it feels strange to witness such events and then go "I thought so ! " But it also makes me laugh at myself thinking, inspite of thinking so I still managed to make a gobar ganesh out of myself !

No comments: