Monday 13 February 2012

Memorable quotes ...... Before Sunrise !

I believe if there's any kind of God it wouldn't be in any of us, not you or me but just this little space in between. If there's any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something. I know, it's almost impossible to succeed but who cares really? The answer must be in the attempt.

Sometimes I dream about being a good father and a good husband. And sometimes it feels really close. But then other times it seems silly like it would ruin my whole life. And it's not just a fear of commitment or that I'm incapable of caring or loving because... I can. It's just that, if I'm totally honest with myself I think I'd rather die knowing that I was really good at something. That I had excelled in some way than that I'd just been in a nice, caring relationship. 

Everybody's parents fucked them up. Rich kids parents gave them too much. Poor kids, not enough. You know, too much attention, not enough attention. They either left them or they stuck around and taught them the wrong things. 

I don't know, I think that if I could just accept the fact that my life is supposed to be difficult. You know, that's what to be expected, then I might not get so pissed-off about it and I'll just be glad when something nice happens. 

And of course there are lots more (quotes) that I relate to from this movie. I don't want to fill the blog with too many of them right now (I sense that someone might as well kill me for posting this itself :-P ). I watched the movie a long time ago, when a lot of these lines didn't make sense to me, but when I suddenly recollect some lines it rings this "aaah....so that is what it meant" feeling. There are several other movies that ring similar thoughts in my mind of course, but for some reason I have been recollecting this particular movie several times in the past few days and therefore the enthusiasm to share it :-)

No comments: