Tuesday 14 February 2012

Familiarity Breeds Contempt ?

I believed for quite sometime that " familiarity breeds contempt ". Today, I was rethinking about it. So I had this tiff with a person from work and then I kept thinking of the others here too. I realised that the more I know of them, the lesser I like them. That is partly why I revised this age old phrase. But then again I wondered about the fact that some people grow on you. Some, are even better, they sort of get sweeter over time, just like wine. Their value in your life, like the wine, also increases. At this point I couldn't decide about which one it is that I'm more inclined to believe in. The debate continued for quite sometime in my mind. Of course, I gave up on the thought at the end, rather I had to as I had to get going with some work. Secretly I know that I'll keep shuttling between the two ideas, I guess more than me the people around me will help decide which one to believe in and hopefully I'll be proven wrong :-)

No comments: