Sunday 12 February 2012

Leaning tower of Bus-aaaah ??!!

So I have traveled a lot throughout my life. No no, not the fun refreshing waala traveling but rather commuting to "temples" of learning :-P. It all started when I was at the age of three - from school to +2 to BSc to MSc and OMG even now ! So my father smartly bought a place to live which is like five minutes from his place of work. I have no issues with the home or the place(falls under the remote areas) honestly, its just that it is far from the rest of the city or the world even. It takes forever to reach any area of higher urbanization value than our own.  I therefore depend on public transport mostly to get to place I need to go. Lately I have realised that with increasing age the amount of time I spend in traveling in buses has increased progressively :-) .

I kind of like having my own space. I struggle consistently to remain at a spot where I wouldn't endanger another person's life with the possibility that I might fall on them or trample their feet and other issues of the kind given the massive physical built that I have. This is of course when I don't get the luxury of a seat in the bus. The funny yet irritating part is that others don't seem to share the same thought. I do get all icky with people falling on me and I keep moving away but you can only rescue yourself so much beyond which there is nothing that can be done! I try to strike the thought of practicality that "oh the bus is crowded or oh she/he is not doing this on purpose, etc" .

The worst is when people LEAN on you. Like some people find it highly easy to just take support of your body than to stand balanced by themselves at another place in the bus. I personally find it difficult to carry my own weight and body around, leave alone having to deal with others', be it in a bus or otherwise too. Like I mentioned I go easy on people when in a crowded bus whether I'm sitting or standing. But off late I have realised that there is some sort of vicious cycle or call it Murphy's law that has been happening recurrently, rather always ! I see that the conductors are always leaning on the seat against mine, whether it is a crowded bus or an empty one. I feel like I'm rendering some sort of magnetic powers to places where I'm seated or make it seem more comfortable but I honestly hate this activity. I feel like this universal wall or something and I constantly find myself yelling in my head "OMG there are several other seats in this bus, why me, why not that one there, there is more space there, I mean I'm practically leaving no space left to feel comfortable here, hello....the bus is empty why can't you simply sit there and finish writing or counting or whatever it is that you are doing, wouldn't that be more comfortable or nahiiiiiiiiiiiiii not again, not here, please leave me alone and be seated peacefully ! " And suddenly two days ago this sentence rang in my head "Shalu, digest it, you are the leaning tower of bus now! " :-P

No comments: