Saturday 9 February 2013

Working with Workoholics !

My boss is a natural workoholic. He actually enjoys and has fun with it. This is the worse kinds because then you can't even be bitchy about him. Were he a tyrannical one who forced us to be workoholic too, then , it would have been different. This nature of his makes us feel terrible, there is no force to do anything except he is always this bubbling source of  "so what shall we do next?". If there is no rigid answer then he starts his own experiments or reads like anything! I'm doomed!

Its one thing to not work and tell yourself to be fine with it :-P. Its another to feel guilty about the fact that your boss is not going to force you to either. This is exactly like another experience I face with my parents. They never tell me what to do. Reason they quote, if anything goes wrong you'll blame us. Baah. Really! I'm forced to bear with my own wrong doings. I don't mind it, but once in a while I'd like to hear what they think too. It helps to hear another perspective about what could be a solution to the current or perpetual problems in life. 

Did I tell you that he loves to shop? Mostly for items needed in the lab. Right now, in spite of it being a Saturday, he is in his cabin working. He was here since morning, reading. Again! Next he finished his shopping in the city (at Ranigunj, around 25kms from the university) for electrical items required in the lab (he loves to make his own instruments). He came back to the lab, started building this item required in the lab; I was playing farmville during the time. Now he is back to reading again! Why can't someone leave me in vacuum instead, I'm suffering from asphyxia anyways! :-/

No comments: