Tuesday 19 February 2013

Payasam 

Payasam is one sweet that I always loved. It is an anytime sweet. I like all of its variations too. Like the ones that the bengalis/malayalis/oriyas/tamilians/gults make!
There is always room for payasam!
I never understood if kheer is also a variation of payasam.
Honestly I DO NOT like the rice version of it :-/

One sweet dish that is utterly Hyderabadi is Double-ka-Meetha!
Oh man the things I could do to have it. Like those guys in 3Idiots say, "hum cake ke liye kuch bhi kar sakthe hai". I could say the same for it. Although come to think of it I love Sheer-Khurma too. Awesomeness defined!

I'm actually having a renewal of sweet-tooth or craving sweet tasting items right now. Wish I was around people who would make it for me.
I don't know how many of you must have had those rose flowers made at home? Those have gone into oblivion I feel. I don't get to eat them, buy them, or see others making them anymore!

This reminds me of what mom said earlier this evening. I was having an early dinner sort of and I HAD to open my mouth and tell her that I will not disappoint her and probably grab a bite again later on too. To this her answer was, "neeku aithe dinner sayanthram six ninchi morning six varaku continue avuthundhi kadha, continue" karke!
SO MEAN!
But its true, every bit of it, also this reminded me of how I would be able to fast for ramzan with ease at this rate. Therefore, the thought of all the lovely sweets right now.

P.S. Sorries for no blogs, no net no blog. Reminds me of that song Hello Doctor from the movie Prema Desam where they have some lines that go this way "No credit card no love, No car no love, No lies no Love". :-P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mXURPI3oVE 

2 comments:

Santosh Kumar T K said...

ook thaak tha oo tha tha ook thaak tha oo tha tha

"relax (? nee ayya relax endra?!) kosam movie kelthe movie antha L .O . V . E "


meanwhile in other news, hum cake ke liye kahin bhi jaa sakte hain is from Dil Chahta Hai (2001).

Shalini Mahadev said...

hahahha !
I was thinking about it you know !
that it isnt three idiots... has to be some other movie where three actors are there .... but then this amir fellow confused me a lot....kept thinking its the only movie with three people in it ...
tanks :-D