Saturday 2 February 2013


There is too much pressure to be like everybody else ?!!

Today I went out with my labmate to just hang around at this place called Indranagar. It wasn't much of a place of that sort until recently. The right way to put it would be usko uttha scene nai tha pehle!  We were sitting there and having our respective favourite chat items and that is when this conversation broke out. About how I can never be like some of the people we saw there. I think I can indubitably state that I always stand out in a crowd, visually.

Even as a child, I failed miserably in attempting to be like the rest. My bunch of friends were a tad bit different from me. Maybe it was because we were culturally different too in a way. But at that age I didn't have the brains to think of it that way. Then there was an age where I took pride in saying the phrase "I'm not a commoner!". Yes, I did ha ha. A few years after that, the pride didn't seem to do much. It just made me feel less of a person. A sense of belonging amongst the crowd was lost. 

Now, I still don't know where I belong. Some sort of a lost phase I guess. When I think of it, I believe I always wanted to belong. A very powerful word according to me. If you fail to belong or adapt , then you'll be thrown out (I got heavily Darwinistic here I know!). It is pretty much like boarding the local trains in Mumbai. You either let the crowd take you in and out, in other words go with the flow or you will have to be a part of the "driving" force there. If not, you will most assuredly get trampled and left injured.

Another of my randomness, but one of the self-obsessed related topics that I keep wondering about in my head. I shall bid adieus with the following lines that made it feel a little better :-D

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. 
                                                                                                                          .......Friedrich Nietzsche.



No comments: