Wednesday 6 February 2013

She and Si and SSi....!

I have laughing riot kind of memories about each of these Cs :-D.

My brother, as a kid, was a little like Taare Zameen Par. No, not mentally, but when it came to studying he went into those modes of being scared and thoroughly anxious. Short term memory wise worse than Ghajini! He would forget the spellings in split seconds, sometimes I wish I had that ability. Gosh, CBag for one would debate and say I hear your words and raise you by NO :-P (yes, makes sense only in my head ha ha ha). So focus, yes my brother, he had to learn the spelling "she". He had been on it for a week or so by then. So, my mother asked him the spelling on this eventful day that I have been meaning to write about. Very promptly, he said, "s" "she (I mean the syllable she)" is she. She asked again, what is the spelling? Very adorably he repeated the same thing over again. He did that three times and finally experienced an episode of, how to fingerprint rouge on your cheeks? I, like my sadist self, sat there, watched the whole thing and couldn't stop laughing! 

Some of my friends, like most people whose native languages don't harbor a lot of sounds, have trouble pronouncing the usual she as she. The whole "she" incident with my brother has only aggravated the swiftness with which my antenna seem to gather any mistakes in this regard. A classmate of mine is a perpetual source of hilarity for the same. So much so that I had to excuse myself from the class because I couldn't stop LOL. All the above mentioned syllables are simply put C :-P

Yes CBag, I'm cheap and evil and .........!


No comments: