Tuesday 26 February 2013

Drops!

Sometimes you sit alone. 
Either by choice because you need silence (or no disturbance or trying to focus and finish something) or you want to have your own space or you are angry.
Sometimes you end up sitting alone and practicing shhh too because everybody else is reading, man do I itch to be a bug during such time :-/
Most times when I sit alone to read, like really read, I get distracted for every small thing. Like suddenly when someone enters the room and I have to have to turn. Might not be useful to turn, but I have to somehow. I could be called by someone (this is plain imagination). I have to go and quickly get a pencil from the other room! I have to go drink water, I didn't drink much since morning (reality, just before I emptied an entire half a litre bottle).  Let me go ask my labmate about that thing, that thing you know? Did I switch off the fan and lights in the other room? It is getting so so cold in here, where is the AC's remote? Gosh let me go hunt for it now. Oh, I forgot to go say "Hi' to XYZ today, let me go do the honors. While I'm reading I could cut my nails and remove this horrible shade. I have to oil my hair. Wait, let me look for what to download tonight (waste an entire hour or more to check what next to download). Lets see what is there in the fridge (at least a dozen times within two hours). Oh wasn't that show supposed to start in a few minutes? Yesterday, and that other day, those XYZs were mean to me. I must do something about it :-P. Aaah let me finish returning those calls and messages that have been piling up and up. Farmville crops have to be harvested, the offer is only for another four ours! 
The day is almost over, oh no, tomorrow I will not do this again!

Anyhow, it was one of those days when I was really trying to read. Yes, because I had an exam the following day :-P. I manage to continue being a member of only one day batting group somehow, since childhood :-P. So I was sitting there under the AC, yes right below it. I felt a tiny drop of water on my hand. Probably fell from the AC, I told myself. All is well until evil pops its boothaddham out. God, I'm sure it was that balli. Cheeee. I tell myself, couldn't be, where is it, if it did? No answer. Again another drop fell. I was like thats it! Got up and ran away, never to return to reading. 

Sometimes I also feel something tiny moving or running in my head. Those times I get up and do a thorough oiling and combing session. No fruits, all clear! Or I suddenly see a lot of latent skin disease patterns on my hands and feet. Whatever the reasons for distraction, the worst is when something watery falls on your head or hands. Who is to know what it COULD have been? 

Bottomline - Who says only kids have attention deficits? Jara okkasaari kaluvu manu naathoni! (Ask her/him to meet me once!)