Friday 5 July 2013

The Clouds and the Purples !


I have always liked UV's color. Especially the one you can notice in some tube lights.
That white mixed with a tinge of purple in it, radiates a fresh brightness. Can't explain that purple-ness either, it seems like some sort of an unreal thing. You can only notice it around the edges, you can feel it, you know it is there, but the moment you want to capture it, it blurs your vision and you have to try hard to find that tinge, so elusive. The only way to capture it I feel is around the edges, repeating it again anthe :-P

Those Yellow bulbs, which are all yellow and gloomy, they have a sort of unfriendly brightness in them. It feels like some sort of torture to be around it. It gives me the impression of something scorching down on me, too intense, doesn't let me concentrate, irritates me a little, makes me uncomfortable. I just feel like leaving the room then. But then again, the same yellow-ness in a deepam is so pleasant. I wondered why it is so. My only excuse, which barely serves the purpose of explanation, is that maybe because it is more natural :-P. Or probably they are not so intense like a bulb. There is just enough light, enough to make you see things, enough to know what is around you, doesn't throw too much light on the rest. Its like meeting those people who don't talk too much rubbish, just about enough, so you can bear to be around them and feel happy or sad or whatever, but still pleasant enough. Not too much information to process, or too intense, very unlike the yellow bulb!

I also like those orange-ish street lights. They make people and things around them pretty I feel! Of course, this is my perspective alone. It casts some sort of beauty on things and people. Eyes shine brighter, hair shines brighter, wonderful thing being....you can see the shine in the eyes in this light! Somehow I fail to see this in normal light. Or maybe its my general demented version of how I see things. I often enjoy walking along some streets where such lamp posts are there. Especially when the air is a little less than chilly, or when it just rained an hour ago, or along a nice water body, so much fun! Peaceful! Relaxing!

The rest are associated with other rubbish - red light, pink light, blue light! These are lights that you don't get to see often. Not in homes, not in public. Maybe because of all the other "negative" connotations associated with them. But the only time I really enjoy seeing them is in some shadi and other festivities at homes. Those serial bulbs, awesome! I can spend the whole night looking at them, like a kid amused with something! I guess green is one other color I missed to mention, I'm neutral towards it. Doesn't ring any bell, except when I think of those low-resolution-shot-in-the-dark videos that are made to bring in the concepts of ghosts and their apparitions!

Having deviated enough from what I actually wanted to write about, let me begin with it now! 

So I got up and, rather was awake through the night till early hours, I went out onto the terrace at around 6:00 a.m. Lovely morning it was. Clear sky, filled in a lightest shade of royal blue, not to mention a pleasant breeze. I turned around to soak the entire expanse of the sky. I laid my eyes on the UV-ed moon! It was shining like a crescent tube light. I never thought that moon could look that way, like a UV tube. I was all happies! Then I saw some clouds, the ones that look like ripples on the sand (cirro cumulus). Arranged like some sort of steps to the sky. They were purplish too! :-D 

I went out one hour later, the sky was now all different. No moon of course. The clouds were so different now. Still purplish-greyish in color. Only, now they looked like some cloaked people moving in the sky. Like the cloaked dementors in Harry Potter series.  They were a lot closer in height to the earth, I could see that very clearly. Moving like some evil structures, massive and evil structures, that grow bigger as they move closer to you. (stratus)

One hour later, the sky was filled with those club shaped ice-cream tops kind of clouds. Tiny ones, all arranged like steps again. Perfect in shape. Although by the time I thought of capturing them, they got disfigured a bit of course. I remember mentioning the line "dheennay vanilla sky antaaru emo". Of course, CBag thought it was very filmy :-P

One hour later, with dwindling concentration and lack of sleep, I refused to look at the sky and walked to my room and I slept off. 

I woke up late in the evening, thought of motorbiking my way home. I have to pass this flyover very close to the university. I was driving along the upslope, and the sky opened up more and more like this mounting and expanding vision. That was one amusing and breathtaking vision of the sky I had. Filled with purplish-greyish-lilac clouds! Like the color of a Brinjal's flower. The whole sky was filled with it! These were bigger clouds of course. 

I saw those clouds, spent a few minutes wondering what color describes them best. Failed miserably at it. Then suddenly realized to enjoy the vision instead. I drove down the flyover and I thought, not a bad day of clouds at all. They have amused me throughout the day, from dawn to dusk. I called it the day of clouds and purples! 
:-D



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On a somewhat remotely related note:

Once,before VC Rock became a creepy adda,we were hanging out there and saw the colours change in the sky.This reminded of that time.

Another time,we were shooting at Buffalo lake waterfall,we couldn't really get great shots after a while but the water and light changing was worth the time we spent there.

Aah,the changing skies and landscape there is always heartbreaking.

-Glennys/Glenis